Educational discount program
How are EDU product licenses different from regular licenses?
- Educational product licenses are identical to regular SoundID Reference product licenses in terms of functionality
- Educational product licenses can be activated and used on a single computer only (regular licenses can be activated and used on 3 computers).
IMPORTANT! If you've bought an educational license before the November of 2019, please submit a support ticket as the educational upgrades might not directly work with your version of the software.
Available EDU products
There are five different educational products available for purchase - full EDU license products (with an option for a measurement microphone bundle for speaker calibration), and EDU license upgrade products too:
- SoundID Reference for Headphones | EDU License
- SoundID Reference for Speakers & Headphones | EDU License
- SoundID Reference for Speakers & Headphones with Measurement Microphone | EDU License
- Upgrade from Reference 4 Headphone edition | EDU License to SoundID Reference for Headphones | EDU License
- Upgrade from Reference 4 Studio edition | EDU License to SoundID Reference for Speakers & Headphones | EDU License
If your EDU application is approved (see how to apply below), you will be able to make a single purchase for each of the products listed above. However, you won't be able to buy the same EDU product twice: only a single purchase of each product will be available.
For example, if you buy SoundID Reference for Speakers & Headphones | EDU License you will be able to purchase the Upgrade from Reference 4 Headphone to SoundID Reference for Speakers & Headphones | EDU License later on, without having to apply again!
How to apply?
To apply for the discount go to our educational program site and check your eligibility. Proceed to fill the application form with the required information.
- Note that the required image uploads for student/teacher IDs cannot exceed 2 MB each
Your application will be reviewed by our staff, and you will receive a conclusive response within three business days. If the application is successful, your email will be registered in our system to have access to EDU products, and you will receive further instructions on how to proceed with the purchase.
Don't worry if your application is initially rejected. You will then be contacted by a member of our staff to inform you of the rejection reason and ask for additional credentials or clarification to confirm your eligibility.
IMPORTANT! Make sure to check your email spam filters - it is very common for our response to the application to end up in your inbox spam folder!
EDU bulk deals, related programs, and more info
More information on our educational discount program can be found on our EDU site:
- Pricing for Students and Teachers
- Educators already using Sonarworks
- Sonarworks and the Ableton Certification program
There are also options for buying EDU licenses in bulk. If you are an educator and you're interested in providing your students with Sonarworks software or equip your institituiton with the software, this is also very much possible. For that, please submit a support ticket and we'll look into it!