SoundID Reference app not launching [New issue]
In case you are experiencing an issue with SoundID Reference desktop app not launching or crashing after you have activated the full license, please follow the steps in this article to fix this problem on Mac and Windows (below).
1. Log in to your user account and under your SoundID Reference license, expand the Device view, and click on Deactivate next to your current device:
2. Once this is done, go to this location on your Mac and delete the license.json and user.json files:
Macintosh HD/Users/your_username/Library/Sonarworks/SoundID Reference
NOTE: Please note that the Users/Library is a hidden location on Mac by default - to access it manually, you will need to allow Finder to show hidden files. In Finder, press Cmd+Shift+.(dot), and your hidden files will become visible. Press the combination again to hide the files.
3. Once that is done, log into your user account again and click on 'Activate on this device':
4. Open SoundID Reference - now it should launch successfully!
1. Log into your user account and under your SoundID Reference license, expand the Device view, and click on 'Deactivate' next to your current device:
2. Navigate to the following location and delete the license.json and the user.json files:
NOTE: the AppData folder is hidden by default in Windows, so you will have to make hidden folders visible. Hidden folders like AppData can be made visible by checking the Hidden Items box in the Windows Explorer View tab:
Alternatively, you can copy-paste the following address into the Windows Explorer address bar and press Enter:
3. Once that is done, log into your user account again and click on 'Activate on this device'
This should fix the issue with SoundID Reference not launching. Please submit a support request if the problem persists or if you run into any other issues!