Where can I get the calibration profile for my XREF 20 microphone?
Sonarworks XREF 20 measurement microphones are individually calibrated to exhibit neutral frequency response during the speaker measurement process. This data is available in a form of a microphone calibration profile and can be accessed via the Microphone ID number. Each XREF 20 mic has its own unique Microphone ID and it can be found imprinted on the microphone unit, as shown in the picture below.
Loading the microphone calibration profile in Reference 4 Measure
The mic calibration profile can be loaded straight into the Reference 4 Measure app during the Hardware Setup stage of the speaker measurement process. To load the mic calibration profile, simply enter your Microphone ID as shown in the picture below. Note that this functionality requires an active internet connection.
Downloading the microphone calibration files
If you need to download the actual calibration files for any reason (using an offline computer, using the XREF 20 mic with third-party software, storing them for backup purposes, etc.), they are also available to download on our downloads page here. Simply enter your Microphone ID as shown in the image below - this will download a .zip package consisting of two files:
- Microphone calibration file for 30° off-axis measurements in .swmic format (Sonarworks software native format) to be used with Sonarworks Reference 4 Measure app.
- Microphone calibration file for 0° on-axis measurements in .txt format for third-party use.
Using the .swmic file to load the microphone calibration profile in Reference 4 Measure on an offline computer
- Download the microphone calibration files as described in the previous paragraph (see above).
- Extract the files from the downloaded .zip package. Most computer operating systems feature free built-in utilities for compressing/extracting ZIP files, but you can always use free software like 7zip if having any issues.
- Click on I'm Using an Offline Computer when presented with the "No internet connection" dialog during the Hardware Setup stage in the Measure app (the dialog will appear automatically if there is no internet connection)
- Click on Browse... to load the calibration file
- Navigate to the .swmic file (extracted from the .zip download) select it. Press Open to load the file