Reference 4 driver install workaround for Windows 11
Resolution version: not available yet
Resolution date: not available yet
As we have stated before, currently Reference 4 is unfortunately not compatible with Windows 11 and requires a driver reinstall. Please take a look at our official statement here: Windows 11 compatibility Reference 4. In this article, we will show a potential workaround to make Reference 4 work on your Windows 11 machine.
- Quit Reference 4
- Open the Device Manager, under "Sound, video and games controllers", uninstall the "Sonarworks Virtual Audio Device"
- In the menu bar, click "Action" -> "Add legacy hardware"
- Click "Next"
- Select "Install the hardware that I manually select from a list"
- Select "Sound, video and game controllers"
- Click "Have Disk..." button
- Click "Browse" and select C:\Program Files\Sonarworks\Reference4\Systemwide\Winx64, click "OK" and the Sonarworks Virtual Audio Device should appear in the list
- Click "Next" -> "Next" -> "Finish"
- Launch Reference 4 and observe the behavior.
Please note that these steps might have to be followed after each computer reboot.
If you require additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our support by submitting a support request