How to uninstall Reference 4 [WIN]
Reference 4 software components
Here is a list of all Reference 4 software components you might have installed on your machine:
- Reference 4 Systemwide
- Reference 4 Measure
- Reference 4 VST plugin
- Reference 4 AAX plugin
- Reference 4 RTAS plugin
Uninstall Reference 4 from the Settings page
Select Start (⊞), then select Settings > Apps > Apps & features. Or just click the shortcut link at the bottom of this article.
Select the Reference 4 component you want to remove (listed above), and then select Uninstall.
Uninstall from the Control Panel (for programs)
In the search box on the taskbar, type Control Panel and select it from the results.
Select Programs > Programs and Features.
Right-click on the program you want to remove and select Uninstall or Uninstall/Change. Then follow the directions on the screen.
Removing the files manually
If you wish to remove any files manually, here's a list of the directories, where you will find the corresponding files:
- C:/Program files/Sonarworks/
- C:/Users/<user>/AppData/Local/Sonarworks/Reference 4/Sonarworks Projects
- C:/Program files/VSTPlugins/Reference4_x64.dll
- C:/Program files (x86)/VSTPlugins/Reference4_x86.dll
- C:/Program files/Common Files/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/Reference4.aaxplugin
- C:/Program files (x86)/Common Files/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/Reference4.aaxplugin
- C:/Program files (x86)/Common Files/Digidesign/DAE/Plug-Ins/
If you have any questions about the process of removing Sonarworks software from your computer, please submit a support request!